The Tourism Ecosystem: Ian Thomas, Senior Research Manager, NewcastleGateshead Initiative
Business Visits and Events: Richard Smith, TEAM tourism Consulting
Lunch (will be provided)
Visitor Psychology – using advanced research to understand visitor motivations and change habitual behaviours: Annett Pecher, Director, Emotional Logic
Influencing visitors: Su Yoxall, Executive Director, Mkodo
2.10-2.40pm Quality Inspection: The National Way Forward: Andrew Oxley, Head of Hospitality and Hotel Services, The AA and Andrew Stokes, England Director, VisitBritain
Benchmarking performance: A case study of the English Heritage Cities: Kevin Millington, Director, Acorn T-Stats
Workshop round-up and close: Ian Thomas, Senior Research Manager, NewcastleGateshead Initiative
About our guest speakers
We are delighted to welcome the following prominent speakers:
• Sharon Orrell (Head of Research & Insight, VisitEngland) will present the latest Discover England Fund research.
• Richard Smith (RJS Destination Tourism Consultants) will discuss the business visits market.
• Sue Yoxall (Executive Director, mkodo) will talk about how technology can both enhance visitor experience and provide access to useful data about engagement and footfall.
• Annett Pecher (Director, Emotional Logic Ltd) will talk about visitor psychology – using research to understand visitor motivations and change habitual behaviours.
• Ian Thomas (Senior Research Manager, NewcastleGateshead Initiative) and Kevin Millington (Director, Acorn T-Stats) will be sharing case studies of destinations using intelligence for future planning.
• Andrew Oxley (Head of Hospitality and Hotel Services, The AA) and Andrew Stokes (England Director, VisitBritain) will update us on how the national inspection scheme is developing.
Who is the conference aimed at?
Destination managers, Business Improvement Districts, town centre managers, local authorities and all those interested in what tourism might look like beyond 2017.
The event is specifically designed by destination management specialists for destination management specialists. We want to encourage and explore best practice in utilising trends data.
With a number of exciting speakers, all specialists in their field, the Annual Tourism Insight Conference is all about sharing experiences, evaluating collaborative opportunities and developing new and innovative ways of working in the tourism sector.